THE GBN MENTORING PROGRAM
“The godly offer good counsel; they teach right from wrong.”
Psalm 37:30 (NLT)
For business owners, entrepreneurs, professionals and executives, leadership can be a lonely journey. It is often difficult for business leaders to find someone to talk to in confidence regarding business, career and workplace issues and challenges. Christian business leaders find it hard to apply their Christian beliefs and convictions to the way they conduct and manage their businesses and business relationships.
Coaches and mentors in the secular world are limited in their capacity to appreciate the challenges faced by Christian business leaders, and the advice they give seldom aligns with the Word of God.
But now there is a platform where Christian business owners, entrepreneurs, professionals and executives can seek godly counsel from experienced Christian mentors – The GBN Mentoring Program.
We find many successful mentoring relationships in the Bible. For example, Moses was Joshua’s mentor; then we have the examples of Elijah and Elisha; Apostle Paul and Timothy; and the greatest mentor of all was our Lord Jesus who was a mentor and teacher to His disciples. Each of the mentees went on to do great exploits.
At GBN, we believe that Christian mentoring is a powerful strategic tool to inspire and encourage Christian business owners and leaders, to provide them moral support when needed and to help them apply Christian values and ethics to:
- shape the culture in their organizations;
- focus and gain clarity on business and workplace issues;
- develop leadership qualities; and
- accelerate personal leadership empowerment and readiness.
Mentees under The GBN Mentoring Program will benefit in many ways including:
- Godly Counsel – You will have access to our team of Christian mentors who are matured in their faith with many years of varied experience in the marketplace. Our mentors will do more than give advice and help brainstorm. They will become your confidant and sounding board, a friend who cares. They will listen and provide you support as they help you find solutions to your challenges. And more importantly, they will pray with you.
- Kingdom Business – For a mentee who is a business owner, our mentors will help you to understand strategic issues concerning your business and to help you to apply godly values in your business culture to become a successful Kingdom business. And even for other mentees working in the marketplace, everyone is strategically positioned as a leader to bring Kingdom culture into their organizations, workplaces and homes.
- Leadership Growth – For an individual whether an entrepreneur, business owner or leader, a lack of personal leadership development can result in low self-esteem and discouragement. A successful mentoring relationship is a powerful way to help you develop and accelerate leadership skills by providing direction and developing specific leadership competencies, and to build confidence and effectiveness as a leader.
- Career Development – Career development is very important to young and mid-level professionals and executive, but many of them may feel unhappy and stagnated in their jobs. Being in a mentoring relationship helps to make career development easier and more achievable. Our mentors will help you identify career challenges and impediments, set career goals and help you to take your career to the next level.
The GBN Mentoring Program is characterized by:
- Christian Love and Empathy.
- Mutual Honour, Respect and Trust.
- Commitment and Confidence.
- Open Communication and Sharing.
- Discretion and Confidentiality.
- Candid and Honest Feedback.
- Friendship and Support.
The GBN Mentoring Program is 2-to-1 session-based mentoring:
- Two mentors are assigned to one mentee. The mentee will be matched with mentors with the most relevant experience and competencies.
- Each session will usually not exceed 2 hours and will be conducted at a mutually convenient time and venue.
- There is no minimum number of sessions and the mentee will decide whether to continue after each session. Mentoring fees are pay-per-session basis and are paid in advance.
- The agenda is set by the mentee with the mentors providing guidance.
- Our mentoring fee is S$200.00 per session and is payable in advance and non-refundable.
GBN is committed to partnering Christian business leaders through The GBN Mentoring Program to impact the marketplace for the Kingdom.